We are looking for a senior mobile app developer to lead the design, development and maintenance of IOS apps. The developer will lead the entire app lifecycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. Apps will be mainly content based and integrated closely with the web sites. In addition to delivering the product the successful candidate will be heavily involved in driving the mobile strategy globally.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Acting as lead iOS developer. Depending on the skills set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other.
• Working closely with another mobile app developer leading the other platform development.
• Deliver across the entire app life cycle–concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
• Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products.
• Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions.
• Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
• Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps.
• Working with the front end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features.
• Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences.
• Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort.
• Optimising performance for the apps.
• Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies.
• Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Attend industry events/ conference–both attending and presenting.
Desired Skills and Experience.
Minimal qualifications include:
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 1 + years of experience in IOS application development
• Technical Skills:
• Strong OOP design and programming skills in Objective-C;
• Familiar with socket programming in IOS and google protobuf;
• Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc);
• Familiar with xcode
• Understanding of other compiled languages
• Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
• Experience of development using web technologies
• Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
• Experience building web and native apps
• Experience using social media APIs
• Ads integration using a 3rd party ad server (DART)
• Using version control (e.g. SVN)